Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has announced notification for the recruitment of 1079 Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Police Service, Group ‘A’, Group ‘B’ vacancies by conducting the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination-2016 in accordance with the Rules published by the Department of Personnel & Training in the Gazette of India Extraordinary. Eligible candidates may apply online from 27-04-2016 to 27-05-2016 till 11:59 pm. All details like age limit, qualification, selection process, how to apply are given below…
Name of the Examination: Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam-2016
Toatl No. of Posts: 1079
Name of the Service:
1. Indian Administrative Service.
2. Indian Foreign Service.
3. Indian Police Service.
4. Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
5. Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
6. Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
7. Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
8. Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
9. Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
10. Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
11. Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
12. Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
13. Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
14. Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
15. Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
16. Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
17. Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
18. Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Gr. III).
19. Indian Corporate Law Service, Group “A”.
20. Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
21. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
22. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’.
23. Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’.
24. Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
Age Limit: Candidates age should be between 21 to 32 years as on 01-08-2016. Upper age limit is relaxable as per rules.
Educational Qualification: Candidates should possess degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
Selection Process: Selection will be based on written exam, Interview/ Personality Test.
Application Fee: Candidates have to pay Rs. 100/- either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/ State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/ State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card. No fee for Female/ SC/ ST/ PH candidates.
How to Apply: Eligible candidates may apply online through the website “www.upsconline.nic.in” from 27-04-2016 to 27-05-2016 till 11:59 pm.
Start Date for Submission of Online Applications : 27-04-2016
Last Date for Submission of Online Applications : 27-05-2016 till 11:59 PM
Date of Fee Payment : 26-05-2016 at 23:59 Hrs
Date of Examination : 07-08-2016
Tentative Date of Main Exam : December, 2016
For more details click on the link given below…
ENGLISH NOTIFICATION : Click Here
HINDI NOTIFICATION : Click Here
APPLY ONLINE : Click Here