In this section today we are going to throw light on Himachal’s Lok Sangeets , Festivals and Fairs of Himachal Pradesh.
Lok Sangeets (Folk Music):
- · Nuala Lok Sangeet belongs to Chamba District. In this Lord Shiva songs are sung by people of Chamba with dancing. On this opportunity , in some places ,sheep are also offered.
- · If Disciple found any sheep or goat in their way , they will eat them and dancing while drinking their blood.
- · Echlia is sung before the marriage of any girl till 1 Month. This Lok Sangeet is sung till Mid Night and making music from Earthen Pot(Matka) , Plates and Drums.
- · On this eve people sung the Lord Shiva Vivah Songs, Ram Vivah songs etc.
- · Jagra is also known as Jagrata or Sukkha (Sukhna).
- · There are lots of Wrestling (Chinz), Fairs and Jaatrayein.
- · People worship their God and Goddess to fulfil their wishes for this they do swang.
- · People brings Chariot (dole) on Chamba’s Minjar Fair, Mandi’s Shivaratari, Kullu’s Dussehhra, Sirmour’s Renuka Fair and Sujanpur’s Holi.
- · On Lohri boys sing Lohri or Hiran Ka Swang on the doors of Village’s people and entertain them.
Lok Geet (Folk Songs):
The folk songs (lok geet) of Himachal Pradesh can be divided into 5 different parts:
- 1. Sanskar and Parivaar Vishayak Songs
- 2. Shringaar and love songs
- 3. Seasonal Songs
- 4. Religious Songs
- 5. Prabandh and Historic Songs
Sanskaar and Parivaar Songs:
- · Bihaiyan for Birth , Anniversary and Mundan
- · Suhaag for Girl’s Marriage and Ghoriyan , samut and Saand for Boy’s Marriage
Shringaar and Love Songs:
- · Famous songs Kunju Chanchlo of Kullu and Kangra
- · Shringaar Parak Jhuri Song of Srimour
- · Siraj ki Dassi famous song from district Mandi
- · Pantu and chajoti is famous from Prashar Dhar
- · People sing Bahjan and Kirtans of Mata Vaishno Devi and Adi Shakti
- · In Sirmour, people called Historical Stories as Haar. There are 18 Haar songs.