Location :One Each at Bilaspur, Chamba, Hamirpur, Dharamshala, Kinnaur, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti, Mandi, Shimla, Nahan, Solan and Una - Himachal Pradesh, INDIA
Application Deadline : 04-Oct-15
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : (date when the selected candidate is expected to start)10-Nov-2015
Duration of Initial Contract : One Year (with possibility of extension on availability of funds, extension of the project)
Qualification : B. Tech/ BCA from a recognized University; Desirable - Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Disaster Management. Minimum of three years’ work experience in IT related activities and management of web portals in any reputed agency; Desirable - Work experience in government or public sector organization and experience of working in the field of Disaster Management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Assistant Information Technology Coordinator will be based at DDMA, in the District Headquarter and under the overall supervision of the Deputy Commissioner, he/she would carry out the following tasks:
- Assist in Computer and information technology application (including hardware, software, LAN, security, training etc.), their planning and development;
- Assist the LAN/WAN of the office and ensure connectivity, backup of servers and mailboxes, antivirus update for file and e-mail protection, create and delete email accounts etc.;
- Troubleshoot system problems related to Network Printers, Photocopiers, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Operating Systems;
- Provide technical support to end-users on computer and IT applications;
- Assist in maintaining and updating disaster management content in the district website in coordination with Deputy Commissioner’s office;
- Collect inputs from various stakeholders and update the India Disaster Resource Network (IDRN) on a regular basis;
- Respond to the e-mails, queries, questions and clarifications from various stakeholders;
- Collect, compile, digitize and transmit knowledge products from various sources organizations on a regular basis;
- Assist in designing layouts, graphics and other IEC material;
- Carry out data entry operation;
- Submit periodic progress reports to the Deputy Commissioner;
- Maintain inventory of the IT equipment and ensure timely maintenance of the IT and communication equipment;
- Perform all such functions that may be entrusted by the Deputy Commissioner.
- Functional Competencies:
- Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the District;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in the computer and IT applications for disaster risk reduction;
- Acquires and applies new skills.
- Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Strong Computer and IT skills;
- Ability to use CorelDraw, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks and other related applications.
- Corporate Competencies:
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards.
Required Skills and Experience
Education:Essential - B. Tech/ BCA from a recognized University;
Desirable - Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Disaster Management.
Experience:Essential - Minimum of three years’ work experience in IT related activities and management of web portals in any reputed agency;
Desirable - Work experience in government or public sector organization and experience of working in the field of Disaster Management.
Fluency of Hindi & English language is required.
Duration of the Work:
The contract will be awarded for one year initially. Working days will be as per the State Government policy.
Travel within the district would be required.
Schedule of Payments:
Consolidated Annual Consultancy Fee (Remuneration) of Rs 3,00,000/- payable in equal monthly installments, upon submission of monthly progress report certified by the reporting officer.
Contract will be administered by UNDP on behalf of the State Government of Himachal Pradesh;
All the logistic support related to official travel will be borne by the Government of Himachal Pradesh as per their prevailing rules;
Consultant will be entitled for 2 days leave per month (non-encashable).
Personal CV, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
Evaluation Method and Criteria:
- Shortlisting would be done based on the following criteria:
- Educational Qualification 30% Marks;
- Relevant Experience 50% Marks;
- Suitability for the assignment 20% Marks.
SEE FULL INSTRUCTIONS : CLICK HERE